Structural Engineering Positions Open
As a service to structural engineers and member organizations,
SEAOG posts open employment positions.
If you would like to post a position, please submit info via email to SEAOG.
Positions directly from engineering firms will be posted at the discretion of the webmaster.
Headhunters or other employment agency advertisements will
not be posted at this time.
SEAOG makes no claims as to accuracy of information posted nor does SEAOG promote or screen firms in any way.
Postings will be listed in the manner they are sent.
If you are interested in the position, please contact posting company directly.
Click on logo to go to web site.
Senior Structural Engineer - Atlanta
Wallace Engineering is committed to impeccable quality and holding paramount the health, safety and welfare of the public. We are a highly creative firm known for clever solutions and unique approaches to our clients' needs.
The responsibilities of a successful candidate should include:
Preference will be given to candidates with a master's degree and experience at national design firms. Must be authorized to work long-term in the United States. Excellent written, verbal and graphic skills are essential. Experience or knowledge of Revit is a plus.
- previous experience in the structural design of wood, masonry, steel and concrete structures
- plan, develop and coordinate complex projects
- direct the work of staff members
- manage all phases of design of buildings and related structures
- meet with clients
- conduct or direct structural observations and investigations
- mentor other employees
Wallace Engineering is an EOE employer. Please submit letter of interest and resume to person below.
Tom Hendrick, PE
President & CEO
Position posted February 8, 2018
Click on logo to go to web site.
American Institute of Steel Construction
Structural Steel Specialist
Do you LOVE steel?
We're hiring market development professionals to join our team to promote structural steel to the design and construction community in Atlanta!
These professionals live and work in cities around the country building relationships and meeting with key decision makers about the benefits of fabricated structural steel for their buildings. You'll spend your time calling on architects, structural engineers, owners/developers and contractors.
Watch a short video at www.aisc.org/mynextcareer and read more about the qualifications and current employee testimonials for this unique and exciting role at AISC.
You need technical knowledge (a degree in civil/structural engineering or architecture is preferred) or steel industry sales experience, a love of steel plus a minimum of five years of experience in building design, construction or fabrication. Fantastic communication skills are critical to your success. You'll need to be comfortable with both public speaking and written communication.
If you're a people person and want to work for a great organization, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
"There's always a solution in steel."
The American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), headquartered in Chicago, is a non-partisan, not-for-profit technical institute and trade association established in 1921 to serve the structural steel design community and construction industry in the United States. AISC's mission is to make structural steel the material of choice by being the leader in structural-steel-related technical and market-building activities.
Position posted January 27, 2018
Click on logo to go to web site.
Structural Project Engineer
R2T, Inc. is accepting applications for an experienced Structural Project Engineer to join our growing engineering group in Atlanta, Ga. Typical assignments will entail completion of structural engineering discipline related tasks associated with all facets of municipal water, wastewater, and storm water related projects from planning, designing, and overseeing construction.
Specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Researches and develops sound technical solutions to address building and structural concerns associated with water, wastewater, and storm water related facilities and structures.
- Develops scopes of work and engages with management staff during proposal development.
- Prepares bid documents, drawings/specifications, addenda, change orders, investigation reports, and other work product as required of the scope.
- Conducts on-site inspection/investigation including survey and documentation of structural issues and solutions. Develops reports of investigative findings, repair drawings and specifications as required.
- Researches historical background of diverse structures, technical issues, and code issues. Develops concepts and alternates required to address a structural issue.
- Completes structural analysis of materials as required to complete design.
- Assignments may include participating in field forensic investigations, analyzing existing structures or components thereof
- Maintains project records and performs all other assigned duties
Compensation: to be determined based on applicant qualifications
- 4 to 7 years of progressive work experience in the structural engineering field associated with design & construction of structures and building concepts within the water, sewer and storm water markets.
- BS or MS in Civil/Structural Engineering or related field is required.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely with written and verbal communication.
- Team player, a professional who is eager to collaborate and communicate with R2T colleagues company-wide. Must have ability to interface with other disciplines such as process, civil and mechanical on projects.
- Previous experience with construction and general contracting is preferred.
- An interest in solving problems with existing structures.
- Ability to coordinate and interface with other phases of a project, clients and regulatory agencies as required.
- Ability to work in the field.
- Proficiency in CAD based software is required. Civil 3D and Revit experience is preferred.
- PE Registration is required or ability to obtain PE registration within 2 years of employment.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to perform duties with only general supervision with a capacity to exercise independent judgment and initiative for large scale water and wastewater construction projects.
- Valid Driver's License
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment screening and drug testing.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
To apply submit resume' to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position posted December 6, 2017
Click on logo to go to web site.
Structural Engineering Director
This individual will manage and build a team of engineers to focus on commercial/retail, multi-family, mixed-use and residential projects. This engineer will be licensed as a professional engineer and be able to function independently on projects and provide supervision and direction to project team members.
Essential Job Functions
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in structures
- Ideal candidate will have a GA PE License
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with existing buildings and renovations. Conditional assessment and
field experience is a plus
- Experience managing a team of engineers is preferred
- Experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- General understanding of building systems including civil/site, roofing, mechanical, electrical and paving
- Strong leadership skills - ability to manage and build teams effectively
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly organized, detail-driven and conscientious
- Is attuned to other areas as it relates to total project: structural, mechanical, electrical, architectural and site
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Risa3D, RisaFloor, Enercalc, RetainPro. StructurePoint; as well as Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Must have a basic understanding of Revit
- Must be willing to travel with little notice and no travel restrictions (travel requirements 20%)
- Requires strong leadership and communication skills
- Excellent technical knowledge within civil engineering field
- Monitors and tracks project progress, aged accounts, invoices and budget, and is responsible for overall project
performance and profitability
- Develops schedules, budgets and proposals (contracts
- Responsible for marketing to prospective clients and building, maintaining and managing client relationships
- Possesses effective management skills and is able to plan, direct and monitor all aspects of civil engineering
- Is involved with the production and coordination of several projects concurrently.
- Possesses strong drive, motivation and self-initiative
- Responsible for acting independently on matters within area of expertise
- Communicates and coordinates project requirements with the project team and consultants
The job description is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job,
nor is it intended to limit opportunities.
To apply submit resume' to email@example.com
Position posted December 1, 2017
Click on logo to go to web site.
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
- Leading Structural Engineering work related to Bridge Replacements and Rehabilitations
- Supervising and checking the work of engineers, draftsmen, technicians and others
- Performing QA/QC and constructability reviews of design projects
- Mentoring and helping to develop employees
- Managing moderate to complex projects and learning the CDM Smith management system
- Having and developing external client interaction and marketing skills
- Providing significant support with identifying and pursuing new projects
- Becoming a lead technical member of a very competent design team
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have:
- 7+ minimum years of experience since B.S.
- State of Georgia Professional Engineering license or ability to obtain one within 18 months of hire
- Prior Project Management experience
- Significant bridge specific design experience
- Microstation and Inroads
- Ability to convey information clearly and effectively through verbal and written communications
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a design team
- Ability to review and edit written work constructively
- GDOT experience preferred
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position posted November 30, 2017
Click on logo to go to web site.
The Envelope division of Fuller Group, Inc., located in Greenville, SC, is in search of a Civil/Structural Engineer with interest in building envelope and structural investigation, litigation support, repair and design consulting.
Description of Responsibilities
Perform forensic evaluations for residential and commercial facilities and other structures
- Perform structural engineering analysis of existing buildings
- Serve as expert witness and provide construction litigation support
- Develop proposals for engineering services
- Design repairs and assist in construction administration
- Interface with existing and potential clients, including cultivating and maintaining relationships
Candidate must be a licensed professional engineer with at least 4 years of work experience.
Qualified candidates will possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Experience interpreting and applying building code requirements is essential, and candidates will have a willingness to conduct complex research in order to solve problems.
Some travel will be required.
About Fuller Group, Inc.
Among other things, Fuller Group offers competitive salaries and benefits, including paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental, and vision insurance, a Simple IRA plan, and professional development opportunities.
Fuller Group specializes in structural engineering, building envelope design, and forensics. As expert consultants in the building industry, we focus on designing buildings that are safe, resilient and enduring. Our innovative professionals provide solutions to support repairs, new construction projects, and construction litigation cases.
Please send resumes directly to Fuller Group's
Forensics/Building Envelope division: email@example.com
Position posted November 14, 2017
Click on logo to go to web site.
Job Title: Bridge Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live - just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
We are currently looking to fill the position of Bridge Engineer within our Transportation group. This position will be based out of our Atlanta office.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Design of highway bridges incorporating GDOT practices and AASHTO LRFD Specifications
- Design of railroad bridges incorporating AREMA Manual for Railway Engineering practices
- Conducting engineering investigations including feasibility studies, cost and risk analyses
- Bridge evaluations including inspections and load ratings as well as completing bridge construction plans and specifications.
- Use of advanced bridge analysis/design software
- Preparing engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, and cost estimates
- Bridge construction inspection and review of shop drawings
- Perform overall project management activities including preparing proposals, budgeting, scheduling and allocating work as appropriate.
Apply at https://jobs-stantec.icims.com/jobs/31781/job or send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology
- Professional Engineer (PE) in Georgia, or the ability to obtain your PE within 6 months of employment
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in bridge and structural design engineering and project management; experience within Georgia is preferred
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal skills and problem solving ability is essential in your work with multi-disciplinary team members and clients; a strong work ethic is required
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, with an ability to work effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision and high personal standards for quality control
- Good writing skills required in the preparation of correspondence, reports, and related project documentation
- Passing ofn16 hour Structural Exam preferred, but not required. * Candidate will agree to take the exam within the first year of employment.
Position posted September 9, 2017
Structural Engineer - CMC Cable East
Commercial Metals Company has recently purchased Continental Concrete Structures and is currently seeking a Structural Engineer with a minimum of five (5) years demonstrated experience. Post-tension concrete design experience is required. Candidate will direct work of CAD designers, produce design calculations, and prepare construction documents for concrete structures of various sizes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Work with clients to determine needs, develop designs and oversee development of construction
- Develop proposals and establish and maintain engineering budgets.
- Provide design assist and value engineering to our client base.
- Coordinate and account for any changes in scope of work
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for each job
- Analyze post-tensioning specifications, plans, proposals and other documentation
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Structural Engineer. PE required
- Experience in design of post-tension structures
- Proficient Excel and other Microsoft Office components
- Proficient in AutoCAD or Microstation, Adapt-Felt, ETABS or other finite element design software.
- Excellent communication skills - including responsiveness, internal and external
- Detailed oriented
- Quality and timely decision making
- Ability to follow through and provide good customer service
- Ability to manage multiple project, multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- BS in Civil Engineering with structures. Masters desired
Commercial Metals Company (CMC) is a Fortune 500 enterprise whose vertical integration model revolutionized the way the steel industry operates today. We are a global metals recycling, manufacturing, fabricating, and trading steel company. Originating in 1915 with a single recycling location, we have progressively moved into higher value downstream segments of the steel value chain. With corporate headquarters in Irving, Texas, today we operate in four primary business segments (Recycling, Mills, Fabrication and Distribution) at over 200 locations and in more than 20 countries.
People are the key to our success. We are a global company committed to delivering industry-leading customer service, providing an environment where our employees can succeed, improving our communities and creating value for our investors.
Send resume' to email@example.com
Position posted August 24, 2017
IMMEDIATE JOB OPENING - STRUCTURAL ENGINEER-IN-TRAINING
Tharpe Engineering Group is a Savannah-based firm that provides innovative, yet practical, structural engineering solutions for a broad range of commercial, educational, hospitality, healthcare, multi-family residential, adaptive reuse, and historic preservation building projects throughout the Southeast United States.
We are currently seeking a Structural E.I.T. with 0-3 years of experience in structural engineering design for building projects utilizing structural steel, cold-formed steel, concrete, masonry, and wood. Candidate should demonstrate high levels of technical competency and mastery of fundamental engineering techniques and methods.
The Staff Engineer performs assigned engineering related tasks under direct supervision of Senior Engineers or Principals based on project requirements and client needs, as follows:
- Prepares design calculations for assigned elements of projects or entire small-scale projects as directed by senior engineers.
- Prepares engineering sketches and markups for drafting.
- Prepares construction documents using REVIT and AutoCAD, as directed by senior engineers.
- Performs field verification of existing conditions under the supervision of senior engineers.
- Performs project administrative tasks, such as the preparation of general notes, transmittals, coordination markups, etc.
The candidate shall possess, at minimum:
About Tharpe Engineering Group
- BS in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution, MSCE preferred.
- Engineer-in-Training certification.
- 0-3 years of experience in engineering required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD tools required, REVIT experience preferred.
- Experience in structural analysis and design software, such as RAM, TEDDS, etc, preferred.
- Interest in learning and growing professionally.
- Excellent communication, planning, and organization skills.
Tharpe Engineering Group is committed to providing a stimulating and rewarding work environment for our employees; preserving the highest level of ethics, integrity and technical competence; maintaining client satisfaction through open communication and an innovative approach to our work; focusing on results through teamwork with our clients, staff, and consultants; and encouraging our employees to contribute their time and talents to better their community.
We offer competitive benefits, including 401(k), 1/2 day Fridays, generous PTO schedules, and professional development and community involvement opportunities.
Please, no third party candidates. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position posted July 25, 2017
Civil Engineer (Structural)
U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, Savannah District, Engineering Division, Design Branch, Structural Design Section
Location: Savannah, GA
Consider joining the structural team in Savannah!
The Savannah District Office is located in the downtown historic district where you can live and walk to work. The Hostess City of the South is characterized by gorgeous weather with short, mild winters and long, almost-tropical summers. Imagine stepping out of the office for lunch and strolling through city squares covered with moss draped live oaks. The District Office is surrounded by numerous shops and restaurants and is less than a 5 minute walk to City Market or River Street. Savannah is located on the Georgia/South Carolina border on the Atlantic Ocean and is easily accessible by I-95 and I-16. It is located approximately 100 miles from Charleston, SC, 250 miles from Atlanta, GA, and 140 miles from Jacksonville, FL. Savannah has a strong military presence and is home to Hunter Army Airfield and is 40 miles from Ft. Stewart, in Hinesville, GA. Savannah/Chatham County boasts a diversified industry and the population is approximately 240,000. The Savannah District has a large area of responsibility and covers military construction for Ft Benning, Ft Stewart/HAAF, Ft Gordon, Robins AFB, and Ft Bragg as well as civil works projects on the Savannah River including the Savannah Harbor and several upstream dam projects. Our design workload is strong for the projected out years.
Series and Grade: GS-0810-12
Salary Range: $ 72,168.00 to $93,821.00/ Per Year
Open Period: Friday, June 2, 2017 to Tuesday, June 9, 2017
Job Announcement Number: SCGW170625611934641D
The website link to the job posting is: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467083400
Your duties will include the following:
Works under general supervision, receiving instructions in general terms as to the scope of assignments. Works on own responsibility with wide latitude for the exercise of initiative, judgment and independent action in accomplishment of his assignments. Keeps supervisor apprised of controversial problems. Completed work is reviewed for compliance with pertinent criteria and effectiveness of results achieved.
Position posted June 1, 2017
- Serves as employee responsible for structural design of assigned Military projects or portions of Civil Works projects.
- This includes design of reinforced concrete and structural steel framed buildings, concrete gravity dam sections, miter, tainter, and vertical lift gates, concrete retaining walls, building foundations, bridges, and other structural engineering assignments of a complex nature.
- Prepares and coordinates with other design elements, studies, preliminary and final designs and drawings for buildings and other structures for Military projects and for elements of dams for flood control and multipurpose projects, and of powerhouses and switchyard for hydroelectric projects. Determines most suitable and economical type of structure and foundation to fit the intended use, the site, and subsurface conditions. Prepares and/or reviews estimates and drafts of technical provisions of specifications for structural features of buildings and miscellaneous other structures. As assigned, maintains and updates structural specifications in accordance with District policy and higher authority criteria. Accomplishment of the above involves preparation of design sketches, comparative estimates of cost and design analysis of structural steel, reinforced and pre-stressed concrete, reinforced brick masonry, timber, and concrete masonry unit.
- Reviews and/or coordinates with other design elements, structural designs and contract drawings for buildings for Military projects and structural features of Civil Works projects prepared by other engineers within the District and by contract Architect-Engineers and Engineers for structural adequacy, economy of design, compliance with functional requirements, agreement of structural features with architectural and other engineering features, and conformity with office practice. As assigned visits Architects and Engineers offices during preparation of design and drawings for purpose of advising on structural features. Prepares structural portions of instructions to Engineer and Architect-Engineer firms. Prepares design standards planning guides and other instructional material for use of Architect Engineer firms.
- Reviews manufacturers or fabricators submittals for conformity with contract design and specification requirements. Makes periodic quality and/or on-the-site investigations of structural problems in buildings and other structures, during and after construction and recommends or directs corrective action to be taken. Prepares design and modifications as may be required to existing structures and/or current construction in connection with Military and Civil Works projects.
- Prepares reports, letters and memoranda as required relating to the work.
- Person to person relations include contact with personnel of Engineering, Construction and Operations Divisions of the Savannah District Office, personnel of Engineer and AE firms, personnel of other Engineer Districts and Divisions and OCE, and personnel of other Government agencies for purpose of coordinating the work under design, determining and reviewing design requirements and criteria and conducting structural investigations.
Job Title: Sales Engineer - Structural Engineering background for Technical Software Sales
We have an immediate opportunity for a Sales Engineer to sell our suite of integrated concrete design products into new accounts for ADAPT. If your interests combine Structural Engineering, technology, and software, and you have strong communication skills this position may be just right for you. This Sales Engineer will be responsible for new software sales in the US and Canada. No travel required.
Sales Engineer Job Purpose:
Serves customers by identifying their needs; providing technical assistance in identifying necessary software implementation, providing live software demonstrations, provide link between technical support and software sales and upgrades.
Sales Engineer Job Duties:
The Sales Engineer will work from home office. ADAPT will provide reimbursement for internet and phone service, health and dental insurance. Flexible schedule with an excellent team of US and International staff, providing software and support on the most technically advanced and complete concrete analysis and design software available.
- Establishes new accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and current customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Provides product, service, technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
BS/MS in civil/structural engineering with at least 2-5 years experience selling structural analysis software solutions and/or consulting structural engineering. The ideal candidate will be experienced in the design of reinforced concrete structures and will have a demonstrated ability or aptitude in identifying, developing and closing sales opportunities. Sales experience is a plus but not required. Post Tensioning design experience is a plus but not required. You must possess superior communication and presentation skills, strong technical aptitude, a relentless focus on objectives, an unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction and an ability to execute on multiple priorities in this fast paced environment.
Software and Sales training will be provided.
The ideal candidate will be: Outgoing, disciplined self-starter willing to do research, make cold calls, reply to inbound customer requests with strong verbal and written skills, customer focused and team oriented, presentation skills, selling to customer needs, with high attention to detail.
Location: US home office, ideally in Atlanta or surrounding
Applicants should forward resume to email@example.com
Position Posted Febuary 2, 2017
© 2014 Structural Engineers Association of Georgia. All rights reserved.